- The weep hole protects bearings from corrosion damage by preventing seepage of coolant into the pump body.
normal operation, traces of dried coolant may be visible around the
hole. Coolant leak may be occurring if there is fluid around the weep
hole or if the reservoir tank reaches low coolant levels within about a
- Contamination and sludge has damaged the mechanical seal, reducing sealing performance.
installing the new water pump, flush the cooling system 2 – 3 times and
let engine idle for about 3 minutes with the old pump to remove any
- Replace the anti-freeze regularly at the specified mixture and fluid level.
- Do not use sealants (RTV) when gaskets are supplied.
- When sealants are necessary, apply evenly and do not allow excess to enter the water channel.